We need to collect personal information about you to provide you with our services. This privacy statement tells you how we collect your information, what we use the information for and who we share the information with. If we collect information that can be used to identify you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of that collection.
How information is collected from you
We will collect your information from you directly whenever we can, like from enquiries we make of you when you seek credit assistance from us. We may verify that information from sources referred to in the responses to those enquiries or in this privacy statement.
How information is collected from other sources
Sometimes we will collect information about you from other sources as the Privacy Act 1988 permits. We will do this only if it’s reasonably necessary to do so. NP Evernest may collect information about you from the following thirdparty sources:
- various databases in the public domain such as Telstra White Pages, Australia Post DPID database, Titles Office or other property databases
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers)
- your employer
- the National Tenancy Database (NTD) operated through Veda Advantage Information Services and Solutions Limited (Veda)
- law enforcement agencies and other government entities
- referrals and recommendations from existing clients of NP Evernest, and
- publically available sources of information or any other organisation where you have given your consent.
so that your computer does not accept them.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
When the law authorises or requires collection of information
Some law may require us to collect personal information about you. For example, we may require your information to verify your identity under Australian Anti-Money Laundering law.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
NP Evernest collects personal information so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communicationsrequested by you
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of Buxton, its related bodies corporate, contractors, franchisees, franchisees’ real estate agents or service providers
- for tenancy verification and identity purposes
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodiescorporate, contractors or service providers
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you, and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operationwith any governmental authority of any country (or political sub – division of a country).
You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing offers from us. We will process your request as soon as practicable.
Disclose personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors, franchisees, franchisees’ real estate agents or se rvice providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes.
If you are a current or prospective tenant for a rental property, NP Evernest may also disclose your personal information to the NTD for tenancy verification and identity purposes.
NP Evernest’s disclosures of your personal information to third parties are on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with the law. NP Evernest may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
The NTD can be contacted by writing to:
Veda Public Access
PO Box 964
NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2059
or at email@example.com
Veda’s policy on its management of personal information through the NTD can be accessed through its website at: http://www.veda.com.au/.
If NP Evernest wishes to use or disclose any of your personal information in any other ways than described above, NP Evernest will not do so unless it:
- has your express consent to do so
- has reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or
- has reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is required by law or to enforce the law.
Sharing outside of Australia
We are not likely to disclose your information to organisations overseas. However, we may store your information in cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage. As electronic or networked storage can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it’s not always practicable to know in which country your information may be held.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will deal with the complaint in accordance with our then current Complaints Handling Procedure.
At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously
- will be dealt with promptly
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner , and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and NP Evernest.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Post: 19 Waverley Road Chadstone Victoria 3148